Thursday, May 10, 2007

"All right, Mr. Amana, I'm ready for my close-up": refrigerator unedited

(click on the photo to visit an annotated version at Flickr)

Sam of Becks and Posh spontaneously took a picture of her refrigerator and invited others to join in. My refrigerator, in all its unposed chaos, is pictured above. The refrigerator in the photo above is a little less crowded than usual, so the annotation wasn't too complicated.

Some highlights: three kinds of miso (red, barley and white); homemade soy-sauce concentrate and ponzu sauce (the concentrate + lemon zest + dashi) from the Washoku cookbook; delicious strawberries from Lucero Farm (I eat them 3-4 times a day); a new way for me to use zucchini (the fritter recipe in Chez Panisse Vegetables); superb yogurt from Straus Family Farms in Marin County (local, organic, and thin).

Fortunately Sam didn't request the door (where there are at least 50 little bottles and jars, probably enough to cause Flickr's note tool to crash) or the freezer (where I can't identify a significant fraction of the items).

The title of the post is a reference to the final scene in Sunset Blvd. It doesn't fit perfectly with the idea of the unedited, unposed refrigerator, but I like it anyway.




Random link from the archive: Two Vegetarian Restaurants in Tokyo

Technorati tags: vegetarian : Food

1 comment:

Sam said...

you are right about the door.
You are lucky I couldn't get the door in my own picture and therefore allowed for it to be ignored - there is a wall that stops mine opening properly in the way which is why it got left out