Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alice Medrich appearance in Berkeley

Dessert lovers of the Bay Area: Alice Medrich is visiting Mrs. Dalloway's bookstore on Berkeley's College Avenue this Saturday, October 20 at 4 PM. She is promoting her new book "Pure Dessert," a book that has received quite a bit of acclaim. And if it is like her reading at Cody's a few years ago, she'll come prepared with goodies from the book.

I owe a debt to Alice Medrich; she was critical to my culinary education. It was her book Cocolat: Extraordinary Chocolate Desserts that taught me how to make chocolate tortes, buttercream, genoise, and other delectable desserts; and how to make gorgeous decorations on cakes.

Mrs. Dalloway's has a few other food-related authors in the next two months, like Janet Fletcher talking about cheese and wine and Georgeanne Brennan talking about the south of France. Both are on the bookstore's events calendar.

(Note: I have no financial connection with this bookstore; I simply like small, independent bookshops, especially ones I can walk to.)




Random link from the archive: Pumpkin with Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa

Technorati tags: Baking : Food

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Mrs. Dalloways is just a few blocks from my house, so maybe I'll see you there?