- Chocolate Gingerbread from Martha Stewart Living (blog post here with link to recipe) - a thrilling combination of spice and chocolate.
- Swedish Spice from Maida Heatter's Brand-New Book of Great Cookies - thin and crispy, crackling with flavors of almond, rum, spice and caramel.
- My own Chocolate Chunk Cookies (recipe) - a good, basic chocolate oatmeal cookie which would offer some homey counterpoint to a plate of fussy or fancy Christmas cookies.
- Mom's Shortbread (recipe) - Rich and crispy. Best when made with very small cutters.
- Black Gold Cookies from Marcel Desaulniers' Death by Chocolate Cookies (recipe) - More "chocolate delivery system" than cookie, with the bare minimum amount of flour to meet the USDA's cookie labeling requirements.
- Nick Maglieri's X-cookies (with figs or prunes) - Crispy, fruity, and complex.
tags :: food : food+drink : baking : cookies