Monday, February 14, 2011

Kansha, a superb book about vegetarian cooking in Japan

Long-time readers of Mental Masala will know that I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Andoh's Washoku: Recipes from the Japanese Home Kitchen, with almost a dozen posts related to my Washoku cooking experiences.  In October 2010, Ten Speed Press released another book by Andoh, Kansha: Celebrating Japan's Vegan and Vegetarian Traditions.  I got my copy the day it hit the stores and have been cooking from it a few times a month since then.  And now, over at my other blogging location, the Ethicurean, I have a review of the book that includes links to several recipes from the book and other useful information.  Check it out here.

Bay Area residents take note:  1) Andoh is in the area this week and has several events planned, with details at her site Kansha Cooking (she is also making one stop in Portland),  2)  the West Berkeley-based Cultured Pickle Shop sells a collection of delicious tsuk√©mono (pickles) made using traditional Japanese methods. 

Random link from the archive: Ready for a Chocolate Adventure?

No comments: